I was thinking about my parents, who would have been married 64 years today. In their honor, here is a little post I wrote for their 40th anniversary.
February 23, 1952
- Major William T. Whisler shot down a North Korean MIG-15, his sixth, to earn himself the title of “Ace”.
- In the Sunday comics, Dagwood Bumsted asked his boss for a raise. He did not get one.
- Robert T. Harvey of Detroit asked for a divorce from his wife Ruth, because she “…didn’t talk enough and her weeks of silence became deafening.” He did get one.
- “GIRLS! GIRLS! Grab your guy and come a-running to the most brilliant musical of 1952” urged ads for With a Song in My Heart starring Susan Hayward and Rory Calhoun. (Neither could dance. Or sing.) Tickets were 40-cents until 6:00PM when they went to 60-cents.
- If your guy said “Neigh” to Hayward and Calhoun…
View original post 919 more words